What makes CareerConnect truly unique is our Career Navigators. Navigators are professionals experienced in serving people who have faced challenges to success gaining more skills and education and/or quality employment with career growth opportunities. Navigators also possess specialized knowledge of both community colleges as well as the specific industry sectors for which we provide training.
When you enroll in SJI’s CareerConnect program, you will be matched with a Career Navigator who focuses on the specific industry sector in which you are interested. Your Career Navigator will work with you step-by-step from the time you enroll in SJI’s program while you complete short-term training, find a job, and start your career.
Career Navigators will help you:
- Balance your training and employment with family and work responsibilities
- Access support services (e.g., tutoring, housing, transportation and childcare)
- Select the right educational program and career path
- Prepare for the workplace and sharpen your performance skills
- Access resources to pay for college credential programs
- Prepare for and access career opportunities both during and after completion of your training
- Meet any challenges that arise while completing your training
Learn more about the CareerConnect program — click here.