We are looking for the
of WA State Ferry Workers
People with no prior experience can qualify for Coast Guard-approved maritime positions in 3 WEEKS!
Career Opportunity Maritime Preparation and Support Services (COMPASS)
Get to know this innovative program!
A free, four-week training and employment preparation program that gets you career-ready for positions at Washington State Ferries or other maritime employers.
- Seattle Jobs Initiative
- Maritime Institute of Technology and Graduate Studies (MITAGS)
- Skagit Valley College COE Marine Manufacturing & Technology
- Seattle Central College – Maritim Academy
We will help you obtain:
- Medical exam – includes urinalysis test
- TWIC card – background check required
- Merchant Mariner Card (MMC) – 3rd week of class
SJI can assist you with food, housing, transportation, childcare, school, clothing, safety gear, and more!
COMPASS was developed by Seattle Jobs Initiative (SJI), Seattle Maritime Academy (SMA) – Seattle Central College, Maritime Institute of Technology and Graduate Studies (MITAGS), Northwest Center of Excellence for Marine Manufacturing & Technology (NWCOEMMT).
The program was made possible by funding from the Washington State Department of Transportation.