Part-Time, Non-Exempt (20 hour work week)
Location: Seattle, WA (temporarily remote due to COVID-19)
Seattle Jobs Initiative (SJI) is a non-profit organization that creates opportunities for low-income people to support themselves and their families through living-wage careers. SJI is committed to attracting and retaining staff with diverse perspectives and life experiences. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, SJI encourages people of all backgrounds to apply, including BIPOC, immigrants, refugees, women, LGBTQ people, people with disabilities, and veterans. We recognize your unique qualities and the value you bring to our commitment to the communities we serve. Together we create and preserve inclusive and equitable environments.
Contracts & Procurement Management
- Develop and write contracts with CBOs, educational institutions, consultants, and other service providers, as well as amendments to contracts when applicable.
- Manage contracts by analyzing data and recommending reprogramming for under-utilized funds. Also functions as the point person for periodic contract compliance monitoring and assessment.
- Oversee Requests for Proposal/Requests for Qualifications (RFP/RFQ) to identify procurement needs and appropriateness.
- Review SOW from staff and provide edits so that SOW’s are clear, concise, and in a standardized format and language.
- Organize, maintain and file contracts in an orderly way that is easy for other staff to follow and find contract documents.
- Analyze and articulate all key requirements of assigned government program grants or government and other funded contracts.
- Work in collaboration with all relevant parties to fully interpret, understand and articulate the requirements of grants and contracts.
- Conduct government contracts compliance reviews.
- Conduct annual contracts compliance reviews of all subcontractors to monitor subcontractors’ management of funds according to government grant guidelines and compliance with program rules specific to grants or contracts.
- Develop and maintain an active schedule of compliance reviews and maintain communications with internal and external stakeholders.
- Advanced skills in Excel, MS Word, and Outlook.
- Strong organizational skills; ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to organize and coordinate multiple activities.
- Budgeting experience or tracking of data/expenses preferred.
- Open for remote work opportunity.
Education and Experience
- Experience in government grants management including CFR and FAR preferred.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience OR bachelor’s degree and four + years’ experience in program administration including contract administration and compliance.
- Experience working with community-based organizations (CBO’s) preferred.
- Experience writing and managing contracts, memorandums of agreement, memorandums of understanding, and other relevant performance agreements required.
- Experience in drafting and disseminating training on program policies and procedures.
- Experience evaluating program requirements and monitoring compliance on an ongoing basis.
A commitment to fulfilling our mission and exhibiting a high level of professional behavior in all aspects of their work. Our staff values: excellent communication, professional and gracious behavior, diverse authentic perspectives, collaboration, respect, and leadership behavior.
Compensation and Benefits
Hire-in hourly pay range is $27 to $35, company pays a portion of employee medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, life insurance, health and dependent care flexible spending accounts, company partially subsidized parking and/or transit, PTO (Paid time off), personal holidays, and 401(k) with SJI match.