Seattle Jobs Initiative (SJI) is an organization deeply committed to and guided in its daily work by its mission. Bounded by a set of values, SJI drives toward its vision for the future through an identity statement that defines how it will accomplish its mission and vision. SJI supports people from under-invested communities to build careers. By creating equitable workforce systems and developing impactful partnerships, we address structural racism.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, SJI encourages people of all backgrounds to apply, including BIPOC, immigrants, refugees, women, LGBTQIA2S+, people with disabilities, and veterans. We recognize your unique qualities and the value you bring to our commitment to the communities we serve. Together we create and preserve inclusive and equitable environments.
Seattle Jobs Initiative (SJI) is seeking a Project Coordinator for the Youth WorkSource program to lead, build employer and post-secondary pathways, assist with creating a seamless referral system and address structural barriers within employers to create opportunities for you facing high barriers. Utilizing workforce research, the Project Coordinator will connect youth to skills programming that will lead to long-standing careers. Duties include:
- Manage program operations and new projects.
- Attend youth program team meetings and trainings.
- Oversee program improvements and evaluate program content.
- Work with the Director of Operations to continue program operations and further enhance SJI’s ability to meet additional goals.
- Participate, as needed, with SJI’s management team in strategic planning for the program operations.
- Represent SJI in designated internal and external meetings and provide guidance and direction on future core program activities, and issues.
- Assist Project Managers in problem-solving around issues related to clients, CBOs, employers, community college instructors/personnel, training model, retention, and others.
- Lead new program development. Contract for labor market research, review new program plan and make final recommendation for approval or disapproval decision.
- Participate in policy meetings as it relates to program training with WDC, DSHS, community colleges and national organizations (JFF, AECF, etc.)
- Work with OED to implement applicable program strategies.
- Participate in City and local economic development forums.
- Participate in increasing cultural competence of all training programs.
- Manage performance outcomes including placement, retention, and enrollments.
- Assist Project Managers in problem-solving and team-building.
- Youth Employment Access Program:
- Arrange cultural competency training for staff.
- Facilitate meetings with focus groups to evaluate services (front line staff, clients, employers, leadership).
- Use a race equity toolkit when making program driven decisions.
- Ensure employers have insight in programming offered to WIOA youth.
- Partner with CBOs that have competencies in working with key populations, to learn first-hand experiences and knowledge.
- Identifying youth career pathways that meet the specific needs of each young person.
- Identify appropriate connections and opportunities, work experiences and training will address flexible schedule needs and additional barriers that impact successful education and work-based learning opportunities.
- Develop manuals for both work-based learning participants as well as local employers, to ensure that youth employee-employer experiences are supported.
- Utilize extensive community partnerships to identify, develop, and integrate adult mentoring opportunities.
- Develop classes, workshops, and coaching opportunities on entrepreneurial skills.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Two plus years of experience in networking with employers around employment programming and internships.
- Strong communication and public relations skills, both oral and written.
- Deep understanding of the barriers low-income job seekers face.
- Ability to design systems resulting in pathways out of poverty.
- Ability to navigate complex systems to achieve measurable outcomes for underserved communities.
- Strong competencies in being able to facilitate collaboration across agencies and stakeholders in the public policy setting.
- Ability to develop and implement creative strategies for employment and training programs.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Intermediate to advanced skills using MS Office and project management software.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- 2+ years of experience networking with employers and community partners.
- 3+ years’ experience working with diverse, low-income populations in a social services environment.
- 3-5 years’ experience in Workforce Development Field preferred.
- Knowledge of and experience with social service systems and requirements for City, County and State of Washington.
- This position is a hybrid assignment. The role requires the individual to be in office (Everett, WA) three days a week and two days remote.
- When working onsite, some time is spent in staff meetings and other time is spent working the resource desk.
- Ability to answer questions and direct individuals to the appropriate person within this program and to other agencies in the building (individuals not sure which floor or business to go to).
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
This is a temporary full-time, exempt position with a hire-in annual salary pay that starts at $55,000.00, company pays employee medical, dental, vision, short- and long-term disability, life insurance, health and dependent care flexible spending accounts, PTO (paid time off), personal holidays, and 401(k) with SJI match. SJI provides remote work support to all staff.
SJI employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If selected, you will be required to submit proof of vaccination prior to your start date. People are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a two-dose series or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine. Employees may make requests for a reasonable accommodation based on a medical disability or for sincerely held religious beliefs.
SEND YOUR RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO JOBS@SEATTLEJOBSINIT.COM