Seattle Jobs Initiative (SJI) is a non-profit organization that creates opportunities for low-income people to support themselves and their families through living-wage careers. SJI is committed to
attracting and retaining staff with diverse perspectives and life experiences. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, SJI encourages people of all backgrounds to apply, including BIPOC, immigrants, refugees, women, LGBTQ people, people with disabilities, and veterans. We recognize your unique qualities and the value you bring to our commitment to the communities we serve. Together we create and preserve inclusive and equitable environments.
Supports the Basic Food Employment & Training (BFET) program to include the implementation of program improvements, tracking data entry and ensuring consistency between Apricot and eJAS databases, monitor case note entries into eJAS by navigators and/or case manager, ensuring timely reporting and billing submissions, tracking, and administering support services. Provides Community Based Organizations (CBOs) and social service agencies with BFET and support service-related training and resources, and supports program data collection and reporting activities.
This position performs the following duties:
- Manage SJI’s BFET program as part of the FACTS team, including implementing program improvements, tracking Community Based Organizations (CBOs) data entries, ensuring
consistency of data between SJI database and eJAS database, entering and maintaining eJAS case notes, ensuring timely reporting and billing to internal and external partners.
- Maintain and update BFET policies and procedures, and support program staff in ensuring there is program alignment with BFET contract requirements. Support CBOs to enroll participants in BFET in a timely manner and follow up on eligibility issues in partnership with CBOs and DSHS.
- Reach out to CBOs for additional information when needed. Serve as a program resource and source of referrals for CBOs and other program service providers.
- Coordinate and provide program orientation and DSHS mandatory annual training for SJI staff and CBO staff.
- Maintain and update BFET policies and procedures, and support program staff in ensuring that program alignment with BFET contract requirements.
- Develop and maintain a collaborative relationship with DSHS staff and other BFET providers.
- Maintain Program Operations Guide and program policies and forms.
- High attention to detail, strong organizational skills, and the ability to meet deadlines and coordinate multiple activities required.
- Must have excellent communication skills (both oral and written), diplomacy, and be willing to ask questions and able to give and receive constructive feedback.
- Must be able to critically think through and assess situations, work independently, and maintain a high degree of confidentiality, and be comfortable with sharing accounting and financial data with others.
- Reliable transportation and valid driver’s license and proof of required insurance for required local travel.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent; 2-5 years’ experience in BFET/eJAS administration, workforce development or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook required; advanced skills preferred.
- Accounting experience is a plus.
- Demonstrated relationship-building skills and focus on continuous process improvement.
A commitment to fulfilling our mission and exhibiting a high level of professional behavior in all aspects of their work. Our staff values: excellent communication, professional and gracious
behavior, diverse authentic perspectives, collaboration, respect, and leadership behavior.
Compensation and Benefits
Hire-in salary pay range $56k to $70k, company paid employee medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability, life insurance, health, and dependent care flexible spending accounts,
company partially subsidized parking and/or transit, PTO (Paid time off), personal holidays, and 401(k) with SJI match.