Seattle Jobs Initiative (SJI) is a non-profit organization that creates opportunities for low-income people to support themselves and their families through living-wage careers. SJI is committed to attracting and retaining staff with diverse perspectives and life experiences. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, SJI encourages people of all backgrounds to apply, including BIPOC, immigrants, refugees, women, LGBTQ people, people with disabilities, and veterans. We recognize your unique qualities and the value you bring to our commitment to the communities we serve. Together we create and preserve inclusive and equitable environments.
The Training & Learning Management System Coordinator’s (TLMSC) central work is to provide and maintain high quality and effective delivery of comprehensive content that informs and develops Seattle-King County WorkSource (SKCWS) staff and partner agencies. This includes leading a team of SKCWS workshop facilitators and individual trainers. Responsible for consistent and high-quality training and technical assistance the ensure the WS staff are providing the highest and most consistent quality service to a wide array of job seekers in King County. This role also manages the Learning Management System (LMS) for the SKCWS, ensuring the materials and staff data within the system are kept up to date and back-end updates are regularly completed.
The position performs the following duties:
- Ensure system-wide mandatory trainings take place and records are maintained for staff participation.
- Work with trainers within the WS system and WS leaders to ensure staff has the appropriate trainings needed to complete their jobs and clients have the trainings and workshops needed for the current in-demand fields and/or the referral services to appropriate programs.
- Develop standards and best practices for staff and client trainings to ensure consistency of delivery across the system.
- Serve as the primary contact with InCommand, the service provider for the Learning Exchange (the LMS system).
- Complete upgrades to the Learning Exchange system that are determined needed based on the system audit completed biannually.
- Manage user feedback process for optimization of user experience, learning content, and skill development.
- Assess effectiveness of professional development opportunities provided through the LMS for staff.
- Conduct a needs analysis of existing jobseeker curriculum and share results with facilitator group and SKCWS leadership.
- Create and ensure pre- and post-workshop assessments are completed.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in education or related field, or a minimum of five years’ experience assessing culturally relevant curriculum and facilitating content knowledge and skill-building workshops for adult learners.
- A minimum of two years’ experience managing a learning management system.
- Knowledge of the WorkSource system.
- Demonstrated leadership experience.
- The ability to assess workshop facilitator skills, training needs, and creating and implementing plans for ongoing skill development and training opportunities for staff.
- Advanced skills in the Microsoft Office suite.
A commitment to fulfilling our mission and exhibiting a high level of professional behavior in all aspects of their work. Our staff values: excellent communication, professional and gracious behavior, diverse authentic perspectives, collaboration, respect, and leadership behavior.
Compensation and Benefits
Hire-in salary pay range is $62,333 to $77,916, company paid employee medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability, life insurance, health, and dependent care flexible spending accounts, company partially subsidized parking and/or transit, PTO (paid time off), personal holidays, and 401(k) with SJI match.