Diesel engine technicians ensure that our world functions properly. From repairing trucks and buses, to maintaining ships and trains, these technicians keep our society running safely and efficiently.
Interested in a diesel engine technician career? Through South Seattle College’s Diesel & Heavy Equipment Technology program, you’ll learn skills to maintain a living-wage career in the industry.
What you’ll learn
- Repair, troubleshoot and maintain trucks, buses, construction equipment, ships, trains, generators, power equipment, tractors and agricultural equipment.
- Use computer-based scanning tools to access fault codes and make accurate diagnoses of the problem. Technicians frequently use electrical multi-meters, pressure gauges and flow meters to find the cause of mechanical failures.
- Work in a variety of environments; from high-tech labs to maintaining vehicles in a hands-on shop environment.
- Follow proper safety procedures, including how to maintain personal protective equipment.
- Acquire Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) certifications including: OSHA, Forklift Operation, Electrical, Brakes & Suspension, Hydraulics & Drive Train, Engines and Engines Rebuild.
Why you should enroll
- Employers are involved right from the beginning
- By the second quarter of training, you’ll obtain enough skills for Shop Helper occupations
- Part-time job counts toward internship requirement
- 20-30 hours per week at an average of $18 per hour
- SJI provides you with a Career Navigator, support services, and internship opportunities.
Interested? Classes begin this fall!
Contact Tameshia, Career Navigator to learn more!
Fill out the form below, or call Tameshia at (206) 354-2465[contact-form-7 id=”13719″ title=”Diesel & Welding Contact Form”]
In partnership with South Seattle College