start your pathway to a
new healthcare career!
IHAP is a FREE, two-phase employment program that offers paid training for entry-level job seekers in the healthcare sector. Classes are taught online, allowing you the flexibility to learn from wherever you have internet access.
IHAP’s Two-Part Employment Program
Get to know each phase of this innovative training
Explore healthcare careers and develop relevant job skills with our coaches and mentors guiding you throughout the program and assisting with any support services needed.
Participants also receive job placement assistance with employers dedicated to their career growth.
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Low income and a resident of King Co.
- Able to work in the U.S without Sponsorship
- Pass a background check
- Have a high school diploma or GED
- Be proficient in English (ESL Level 5) and have basic computer skills
Complete online classes and hands-on training to prepare for the Washington State written and skills assessments.
Once testing is completed, participants will register as Certified NA-C.
Participants interested in beginning Phase 2 of IHAP must have passed Phase 1 first.
- Requirements listed for Phase 1
- Covid (2 shots) and booster if possible
- 3 Series Hep B (Hepatitis B) plus blood draw Titer
- 2 Series MMR (Measles, Mumps, Rubella)
- 2 Series Varicella (Chicken Pox)
- 2 Series Tdap (Tetanus, Diphtheria, Pertussis)
- Seasonal Flu Shot
- TB (Tuberculosis)
Download our latest IHAP informational flyer and share it with your community today!
Interested in learning more or have questions about eligibility? Call or text to set up a 30-minute appointment!
Office hours: Monday-Friday, 7:30 am – 4:00 pm
Contact: Elena Ortiz-Ramirez at (206)791-7722, email@example.com.
The Introduction to Healthcare Employment and Apprenticeships Program (IHAP) was developed by the Health Care Apprenticeship Consortium, SEIU Healthcare 1199NW Multi-Employer Training Fund, City of Seattle Office of Economic Development, and Seattle Jobs Initiative.