SJI is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that relies on private contributions from individuals, corporations and foundations in addition to public funds to continue serving its clients.
Many in our community are struggling to keep their heads above water. You can help ensure that their hard work translates into a job that pays a living wage.
Donations to SJI help a low-income individual:
- Be the first person in his or her family to attend college and
earn a college credential.
- Train to become a welder, a job that pays well and offers benefits
- Learn to write a resume, interview for a job, and acquire workplace
skills that businesses want.
- Receive the food, housing, transportation, childcare or other support services he or she requires to be successful in training or on the job.
Your contribution opens doors to living-wage careers for individuals who are making the commitment to improve their lives through education and training.
While Seattle Jobs Initiative does not have specific volunteer opportunities available at this time, we are always looking for more involvement from local businesses.
- Can your company provide hands-on training in office occupations or manufacturing?
- Are you interested in speaking at one of our classes or graduations?
Seattle Jobs Initiative also has a Business Partner Board, consisting of directors and HR generalists at local companies, who get together regularly to help develop our training programs to fit businesses’ changing needs.
For more information on how businesses can get involved with SJI, please click here. Also, please refer back to this page for updated volunteer needs of Seattle Jobs Initiative.
Seattle Jobs Initiative thanks the generous foundations, corporations, and government agencies whose contributions allow us to create opportunities for people to support themselves and their families through living-wage careers. To see a full list, please click here.