Seattle Jobs Initiative (SJI) is a non-profit organization that creates opportunities for low-income people to support themselves and their families through living-wage careers. SJI is committed to attracting and retaining staff with diverse perspectives and life experiences. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, SJI encourages people of all backgrounds to apply, including BIPOC, immigrants, refugees, women, LGBTQ people, people with disabilities, and veterans. We recognize your unique qualities and the value you bring to our commitment to the communities we serve. Together we create and preserve inclusive and equitable environments.
Reports to the Executive Director providing high-level executive support, performing a variety of complex administrative duties, staff support, as well as, planning activities. This position interfaces with all levels of internal and external contacts requiring advanced technical proficiency, considerable discretion, decision-making ability, and initiative while upholding and modeling SJI values, norms, and behaviors.
SJI believes in creating growth opportunities and this position includes the opportunity to advance to a Chief of Staff level of responsibility in the coming months. We are seeking a professional with both exceptional administrative and leadership skills to help the organization meet the incredible needs in our community.
This position performs the following duties:
- Provide executive support to the Executive Director, and as needed for Senior Leadership Team (SLT), including managing calendars, correspondence, special projects, and resolves conflicting demands. May include coordination of trainings, workshops, travel arrangements, staff meeting agendas, meeting minutes, and project management.
- Primary staff responsible for the Board of Directors engagement, including coordinating mailings, scheduling meetings, taking minutes, file maintenance, and coordinating workgroups as needed.
- Facilitate the exchange of information and/or documentation between SLT, general office staff, Board of Directors, and business partners.
- Responsible for leading and coordinating the committees of SJI, which includes, but not limited to, scheduling of regular meetings, maintaining notes, follow-up, and updates provided to SLT and SJI employees as required.
- Support organizational strategic planning efforts coordinating with external consultants, stakeholders, staff, and board during the process.
- Provides coverage and support for Administrative Assistant and Operations team as needed.
- Provide support primarily to the Consulting team, including managing calendars, note-taking, correspondence, and special projects. May include coordination of trainings, workshops, travel arrangements, staff meeting agendas, meeting minutes, reimbursements, and project management.
- Support communications through publicity, event invitations, and management of RSVP lists, as needed.
- Coordinate and manage logistics of events including annual events, business meetings, board meetings, committees, and employee appreciation events in virtual as well as in-person settings (when safe and appropriate).
- Strong organizational skills, ability to prioritize to meet deadlines, and to work on multiple projects simultaneously with strong attention to detail.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, including, but not limited to, a positive outlook with flexibility and energy.
- Excellent written communication skills, ability to proofread others’ work, strong oral communication skills on the telephone, and in-person that include effective interaction with people at all levels of the organization.
- Professional demeanor and strong internal and external customer service orientation.
- Ability to exercise discretion, analyze, problem-solve, and maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to establish and maintain efficient workflows.
- Demonstrated initiative in proactively seeking new tasks and recognizes what needs to be done.
- Advanced skill level with MS Office and virtual meeting tools required.
- Reliable transportation and valid driver’s license and proof of required insurance required for local travel.
Education and Experience
- Four-year degree preferred, or equivalent education and experience.
- 3-5 years of executive-level administrative experience (managing schedules, travel, expense reports, communications, etc.).
- Previous experience working with Board of Directors preferably in a non-profit setting.
- 1-3 years of experience working in a fast-paced environment.
- Persons with lived experience participating in Basic Food Employment and Training, WorkFirst, Youthbuild, or other workforce support programs are highly encouraged to apply.
A commitment to fulfilling our mission and exhibiting a high level of professional behavior in all aspects of their work. Our staff values: excellent communication, professional and gracious behavior, diverse authentic perspectives, collaboration, respect, and leadership behavior.
Compensation and Benefits
Hire-in salary pay range $56k to $70k, company paid employee medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability, life insurance, health, and dependent care flexible spending accounts, company partially subsidized parking and/or transit, PTO (Paid time off), personal holidays, and 401(k) with SJI match.